30/60/90 mins ~ £28/£48/£68*
Caring for your body postpartum and beyond is equally as important as looking after your body when you are expecting. Post- natal Massage at Bath Pregnancy Massage can help with easing out tension and relieving aches to help you get back to ‘normal’ again. It can also be an opportunity to take time out simply to relax. While you enjoy the massage your new-born can lie next to you enabling you to enjoy this time together.
BENEFITS OF POSTNATAL MASSAGE
- To relax muscle tension.
- Increase the flow of blood and oxygen to your muscles, getting rid of the toxins.
- Massage encourages the body to release endorphins – the natural pain killers and feel good hormones secreted by the brain, this can help to relax the body.
- Your body to release oxytocin which triggers the letdown reflex which releases milk from your breast. If suffering from mastitis the option of a breast massage will help open blocked ducts, loosen clumps and hardened areas.
- Speed up recovery from a caesarean section if you’ve had one.** Gentle massage to the area thereafter will increase blood supply and help with internal healing.
- Improve well-being and immunity by stimulating lymph flow.
- Helps to emotionally cope with baby blues and postnatal depression by releasing endorphins into the body.
If nothing else, a postnatal massage will give you some time alone. The break will give you the strength to meet the many needs of your baby and home. Or it might help you unwind for a nap if your baby is sleeping too.
*please see price list **the wound must be healed before massage can be performed around this area.