60/90 minutes ~ £45/£65*
A Holistic Massage treats the client as a whole, taking into account their emotional and spiritual well-being, as well as their physical body. Using classical Swedish techniques the massage is tailored to suit one's own personal needs whether it be using light and calming strokes to promote relaxation in the muscles and mind, or slightly deeper techniques to help relieve specific tension, aches and pains. This massage focuses on restoring the client and balancing the equilibrium between mind and body.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE –
- Promotes general relaxation by reducing the effects of stress and anxiety
- Increases energy levels by invigorating all the body’s systems
- Increases mental clarity
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves skin tone and elasticity
- Encourages better circulation throughout the body
- Encourages deeper and therefore more efficient and relaxed breathing
- Encourages better lymph drainage and reduction in swelling
- Relieves muscle fatigue, soreness and stiffness
- Encourages deeper sleep
- Speeds up digestion and waste removal
- Sustains relaxation of body and mind
WHAT TO EXPECT
At the beginning of the first session a full confidential consultation will be taken. This is done to get a better understanding of you and any ailments, areas of tension or discomfort that you may be experiencing.
No two massages are the same and each massage is completely tailored to your needs on the given day. Our massage treatments incorporate many different techniques to help relax:
- Swedish Massage movements, characterized by the use of five basic stroke techniques: effleurage, petrissage, friction, tapotement and vibration.
- Deep tissue massage to helps to break down hardened bands of tissue, relieving pain and restoring movement,
- Lymphatic drainage to assist your body in clearing sluggish tissues of waste and swelling.
- Shiatsu Energy Releasing holds - Using pressure, touch and manipulative techniques to stimulate energy channels, aiming to unblock any stuck energy
- Mobilisation techniques and stretches to help attain a normal range of pain-free joint motion
- Exercises to help improve your muscle tone, strength and endurance
- Hands Free Massage – a technique whereby the practitioner uses elbows and forearms, with the ability to steadily increase pressure in a desired area
- Breathing techniques to help relax you and to help you cope with pain
- Trigger Point Work – to alleviate the source of pain through cycles of isolated pressure and release
*please see price list